Even with an absolutely unparalleled level of video content, both in quality and quantity, the most important aspect is getting your clients to see it in the first place. To achieve that, you need an effective marketing campaign. These are the four steps to make that happen.
Step 1: Create a landing page for your VOD content
First off, what is a landing page? A landing page is the first place your clients will go when looking for your video content. Even if the landing page isn’t on your website, make sure that it’s a unified place, like your business’s Facebook page, YouTube page, or the MB Video library, so all of your clients know exactly where to go to find your VOD content.
Ensure the video content on your page is easily accessible and able to be viewed. Make sure too that anyone who is not a client who happens to access the landing page can be converted into a client. Include instructions for how non-clients can gain access to watch your video content.
Step 2: Decide how your clients will pay
How will your clients pay for the content, or otherwise gain access to it? This is a large determining factor in how your clients are going to be accessing the content and how you're going to be monetizing your video offerings.
- A "VOD access pass" pricing option is a great solution. Having clients make the purchase through your Mindbody site allows you to track them and keep tabs, for later reporting. If you'd like to have your current members receive it for free, you can create a promo code just for them to use to buy the VOD access pass pricing option at no cost. You may also create a separate free pricing option that is restricted to only be purchased by those members.
- You can also grant existing members VOD access, while requiring anyone new to purchase a special VOD membership. This is similar to purchasing an access pass, except it's recurring monthly revenue. This is a great solution if you want to eventually convert these clients to your regular memberships.
Step 3: Get the links ready that you want to send out
If you are sending out a specific landing page, you’ll want to get a link to it that will not change, since you are going to be emailing it out to all of your clients.
Alternatively, you can send a specific intro video or intro playlist, something that is illustrative of the best content you have to offer. This content will need to have links to your landing page, so clients can visit the landing page to view the rest of your content. This might be a better option if you're proud of your video content but your landing page isn't very exciting.
For the best of both worlds, you can create a video advertising your video content. That way, you can show off how great your videos look and explain where clients can find them and how they can gain access.
Step 4: Composing, scheduling, and sending your email campaign
With everything decided on and planned out, you need to actually send out the information and links to your clients. There are a few different ways to do this.
- The best option that allows you the greatest freedom is the marketing tools in the Marketing Suite. These emails can be premade and will go out anytime a client purchases access to your VOD content, or signs up for a membership. Or you can simply send out a one-time email announcement.
- You can use the Mailing Lists report to grab a list of all of your clients' email addresses and send an email announcement to them.
- If you're using an email marketing solution like Constant Contact or Mailchimp, that is another option for sending out a single email.
With all of these steps in mind, you can go forth and be confident that your clients are all aware of your outstanding video content. To track how many clients are buying access, you can use the Sales by Service report and filter by the pricing option you created or the new membership you made.