The Marketing Suite's Text Message Marketing feature adds SMS capabilities to the Smart Marketing tools in your software, meaning clients can receive offers and notifications directly on their mobile phones. To receive text messages, clients will need to text your trackable phone number or click the subscription link at the bottom of your business's emails.
In this article, we'll show you how to enable text marketing and encourage your clients to sign up, and then take a look at the opt-in process from the client's perspective.
- Enabling Text Message Marketing
- Encouraging clients to opt in
- How do clients opt in to text messages?
Enabling Text Message Marketing
To start, log in to your scheduling platform and then:
- Go to the Marketing tab (for Booker the Marketing Suite sub tab) and choose to manage either Automations, Email Campaigns, or Contact Lists.
- Click Open more tools on the left side.
- Click on Smart Marketing > Text Marketing.
- Turn on the feature and click Save.
Encouraging clients to opt in
After enabling Text Marketing, we recommend creating a campaign or automation to encourage client signups. This can take the form of a campaign email that you manually send out every few months or an automation targeting new clients.
To accomplish this, you'll need to create a smart list targeting clients who 1) Haven't yet opted in to text marketing and 2) Have a mobile phone number on file. You can then use our pre-made template to create emails for this specific client group.
Step 1: Creating your smart list
- On the Contact Lists screen, click on the + button in the upper left corner and select Create Smart List.
- On the right side, choose Contact Field Filter.
- Create a filter with the following requirements, then click Add. This will target all clients who haven't subscribed to your text messages.
- Field Name: Marketing Text Message Subscribed
- Operator: Is
- Value: No
- Click And... to add a second condition.
- Choose Contact Field Filter again.
- Create a filter with the following requirements. This will target all clients who have a phone number on file.
- Field Name: Mobile Phone Number
- Operator: Is not blank
- Name your smart list and save.
Step 2: Create a campaign or automation email
We'll now create an email specifically for the client list created above. We're creating a campaign email in this example, but this can also be done as part of an automation.
Here's how it works:
- On the Campaigns screen, click the Create Campaign button.
- Select the Text Opt-in Campaign template and customize it as needed. When finished editing, click Next.
- Under the Audience section, select Contact Lists and search for the smart list you created earlier.
- Fill out the rest of the form with any information you'd like, then click Schedule to finish up.
How do clients opt in to text messages?
There are three primary ways for clients to opt in:
- Text "Subscribe" to the trackable phone number shown on the Text Marketing (or Business Listing) screen.
- Select the "Click here to opt in to text messages" link at the bottom of Smart Marketing emails. This link is added automatically to emails so long as the client has a phone number added within MINDBODY.
- Subscribe from a campaign or automation email sent by your business.